Passport is an official document issued by the government, identifying an individual granting him/her permission to travel abroad and identifying his/her citizenship.
It is the most important travel document needed for any travel outside India.
- A passport is the most essential travel document on your holiday
- Every individual member of your family travelling on the holiday will require a valid passport
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months for all countries ( 9 months for Malaysia), from the proposed date of return from travel
- The passport should have sufficient number of blank pages for the visas to be stamped/ stickered on your passport
- For Europe and Malaysia visas are not issued on Passports having validity beyond 10 years
- The passport is a legal document issued by the Government of India. Kindly handle your passport carefully as a damaged passport is not acceptable by the consulates/embassies or even the emigration officers at the airport.
How to read your passport
SAMPLE PHOTO OF PASSPORT
Please remember and note these details carefully as you will require the same when filling certain forms like embarkation/disembarkation/immigration forms.